Curried veggie skewers
Spring! Barbecue season begins!
As I love grilled veggies but not always the same way, I made curried veggie skewers tonight. So easy and versatile, you can use whatever vegetables you want. Here is what I did:
- 10 ml soy sauce (should be around 1-1.5 tbsp)
- 10 ml extra vergine olive oil (should be around 1-1.5 tbsp)
- 2 tbsp filtered water
- 1 tsp curry powder (I used a “gold elephant” mix)
- 1 tsp chakalaka seasoning (African spice mix)
- Some grains coarse sea salt
- Whatever you like, my choice today was
- mushrooms, quartered
- red paprika, cut in big pieces
- leak, cut in big pieces
Mix the seasoning, cut the veggies and let them sit in the marinade for at least 30 minutes at room temperature. Use your hands to put them on the skewers, this will probably be a hot mess but the results are worth it. Put skewers on the bbq and enjoy as soon as they’re done!