Baby food – afternoon fruit and oatmeal purée
This is my baby’s absolute favorite purée. She loves it so much that when I don’t have enough of it, she refuses to eat anything as substitute.
The recipe makes 4 portions at around 180ml, equals 4 days.
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 200g blueberries (frozen work, too)
- 1 apple, we like using Braeburn
- 2 ripe pears
- Oatmeal (we use “Kölln Schmelzflocken”)
- 3-4 tbsp Canola oil, refined – not cold pressed!
- Steam cooker, or a strainer and a pot on the stove
- Knife and cutting board
- 4 little pots, should be usable for freezing
Peel apples and pears, cut to small pieces. Thoroughly wash blueberries when they’re fresh. Peel bananas.
Steamcook apples, pears and blueberries for about 5 minutes, add bananas and blend everything.
Put oil in a bowl, pour in the fruit purée and start adding as much oatmeal as you wish for your desired consistency. Baby likes the purée quite thick, so I add about 8-9 tbsp oatmeal.